This October, we are headed back to one of our favourite dive destinations, the wonderful Maafushi Islands in the Maldives. One of the few dive destinations we have been to that is perfect for all levels of divers and surprisingly a lot of fun for a non - diver too. A buzzing, yet charming island with great dive sites that are a max of just 15-20 mins away. Learn to dive, do an advanced diver course or just dig your feet in the wonderful white beaches of this lovely island. The perfect quick getaway...
Dive Maafushi Island
(Oct 1st - 5th)
Day-wise itinerary is as follows:
1) Day One (Oct 1st) – As the direct flights from Bangalore have been discontinued temporarily, we will need to arrive in Male via Trivandrum or Kochi. With flights from both these cities, we are expected to arrive in Male by 1:30 PM.
After our formalities at the local immigration (Visa on arrival and is free), we collect our luggage and head to the jetty where our speed boat will be waiting for the transfer to Maafushi island. Arrive at the guest house and check in. Have a late lunch at the guest house and visit our partner dive centre in the evening for all the necessary paper work and gear sizing. Explore the island and enjoy the beautiful sunset on the island. Dinner at leisure.
2) Day Two (Oct, 2nd) – Post breakfast, we start with first dive of our trip. For the Open Water course divers, the dive will be at the island lagoon itself, where all the OW skills are practiced again. For Advanced Open Water Divers and Fun Divers, boat dives will be arranged. Post the surface interval, we complete the second dive of the day. Return to the guest house/island in time for lunch and rest. Post lunch, we relax and could even indulge in local water sports like jet skis, para sailing, banana boats etc. Dinner at leisure.
3) Day Three (Oct, 3rd) – Post breakfast, we will start with the third dive of our trip. These will be boat dives for all Open Water, Advanced Open Water and Fun divers. After an hour of surface interval, we will complete the second dive of the day. Return to the island in time for lunch. For our guests learning to dive, at the end of the 4th dive you would have completed all the requisites for the PADI Open Water course and you will now be a certified diver :).
4) Day Four - (Oct, 4th) - Post breakfast, we head for some more fun dives. Now as a certified diver, its time to log in more dives and we have arranged two more fun dives for you. Fun dives are purely for gaining more experience and having loads of FUN!
5) Day Five – (Oct, 5th) – Post breakfast, check out of the guest house and head to the jetty where a speed boat will be arranged to drop us back to Male' International Airport. Return to Kochi or Trivandrum.
Accommodation: Keeping your comfort in mind, we have carefully chosen our stay for the 4 nights. All rooms are spacious and have a private bathroom with hot and cold water. The concept of the hotel is inspired by water, sand and wood commonly found on the beaches of Maldives.
Diving: This package includes (8) dives over 3 days. For those who have to complete the Open Water Course, the first 4 dives will be completed in the first two days with practice of all the required skills for the certification.
All the dive sites are approximately 15-25 mins only from the Island. Maafushi has a beautiful house reef too in which we could spot turtles, white and black tip sharks, sting rays, moray eels and much more…
Meals: This dive package includes breakfast only. For other meals such as lunch and dinner there are plenty of reasonably priced eateries and restaurants within walking distance that offer a wide array of local Maldivian food and European treats. Since Maldives is an Islamic country there are no bars serving alcoholic drinks. But they do have a Floating Bar (Luxury Yacht) which is 5-7 mins away by speed boat. The transfers to this floating bar is free. Otherwise, alcohol is served only in resorts and it is considered an offence to carry any kind of alcohol into the country.
Open Water Course: Rs. 76,000/-*
Advanced Open Water Course: 68,000/-*
Certified Fun Divers: Rs. 47,000/- *
Accompanying Non Divers: Rs. 26,000/-*
* All rates quoted are for twin- shared occupancy only. Guests who would like to take a single occupancy room, kindly let us know and we will share the details separately.
INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK,
A/C no: 156802000000621
IFSC CODE: IOBA0001568
* There are various flight options to Male' but kindly ensure that you are in Male' before 2 pm on the 4th as the speed boat has been arranged for 2:30 pm to Maafushi.
To confirm your spot, 50% Payment to be made by Sept 1st, 2017.
Final balance payment to be made by Sept 15th, 2017
* The booking will be done on first come first serve basis. The total seats available for this trip are 10.
• Advance payment of 50% is non-refundable
• Cancellations after last payment date: Non refundable.
Once your spot on the trip is booked, we do not offer refunds except in extreme circumstances and this is limited to the amount reimbursed by our partners. It is for this reason that we strongly recommend that each guest avail travel and dive insurance, so as to avoid losses incurred due to unforeseeable circumstances. Definitely no refund after booking is confirmed; trip starts, or for no shows.
NB: Above itinerary is subject to the weather and sea conditions. Based on the previous said unforeseen events the dive trips may be modified. The 8 dives are subject to weather conditions.
Welcome to Maafushi Maldives! People say that the Maldivian islands are where they find their inner peace and calmness; so much so that the entire country’s economy is literally built around the hospitality business. But you’ll have to experience the sudden change of pace, from your flight to the hustle and bustle of the capital city of Maldives, to the utter change of pace that you’ll experience on a remote island in the Indian Ocean to fully understand what this means.
About 45 minutes away from Malé by Speed boat, Maafushi Island is a favourite that’s frequented by a lot of divers and tourists. Located in the South Malé Atoll, the island is relatively large, compared to other islands in the same atoll, but also suffers from erosion on the northern shoreline. Severely damaged in the tsunami disaster in the first decade of the millennium, the island hence has been rebuilt by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent movements, and now houses an industrious community thriving in fisheries and tourism. Although the Maldives has a rich and diverse cultural heritage; Islam is the only religion in the Maldives. The dress code is modest outside of tourist resorts as a sign of respect to the community.
Diving MAAFUSHI : Diving anywhere in the Maldives is world class! and Maafushi is no exception. Maafushi offers a wide range of dive sites for both Open Water and Advanced Open Water Divers. With an average year round temperature of 29 degree, diving in Maldives is one of the most comfortable and stunning dive experiences. The island possesses a variety of dive sites for all levels of divers. The abundant marine life that we can spot includes - A variety of Reef sharks, turtles, Nudi Branches, Barracuda, Eagle and Manta Rays. Last but least, a must dive is the fabulous Kuda giri wreck.
01st - 05th October , 2017
Sunday - Thursday
Thank you for contacting AQUANAUT INDIA. We will get in touch with you within the next 24 hrs.
Submission failed , please try againSend Request